Saturday, September 09, 2006

Simulation Workshop

ZUMA Simulation Workshop - Koblenz, Germany

From September 18-22, I am going to participate in ZUMA's (German Centre for Survey Research and Methodology) workshop on simulation in the social sciences, to be held at the University of Koblenz. The main goal of the workshop will be to present simulation techniques and get some hands-on practice by modelling own simulations in smaller groups. I am really looking forward to meeting people with similar research interests.

The participants are asked to have an idea of a model in mind - present it - and build/improve it during the workshop. As I recently wrote a term paper building on an existing spatial model of party competition by Mike Laver ("Policy and the Dynamics of Political Competition" APSR, 2005), which I extended by adding behaviour of party members, I already have a more or less fully implemented model to present. I hope the workshop participants, and the organizers Klaus Troitzsch, University of Koblenz and Nigel Gilbert, University of Surrey will provide helpful comments and advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home